Sunday 4 October 2009

FOOTSKI...

Another one of my favourite genres of all time is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, especially the original cartoon ect,
I am an avid collector of the cartoons figures,
I have many of the figures, Baxter Stockman, Rat King ect...trying to get them with all there original accessories however can be an almighty struggle, I am not doing bad, most of the figures I have are either complete, or are missing a minor detail...or I will have most of the weapons for a figure...just not the figure itself...that said it is defiantly satisfying picking up the loose figure and being able to put all the parts with it I have collected over the years...
Anyway, I had a loose Footski for quiet some time, until last Sunday I picked up a huge box of 90s Power rangers 9including a 100% Percent complete dragon zord and Megazord, woop woop! also, in the bottom were tones of pieces for ninja turtles and toxic crusaders, which made me a happy man, it had stuff like baxter stockmans fly swatter and rat kings belt (all which I needed desperately) it also had toxie's belt from toxic crusaders which I have been after for a long time, as well as lots of other pieces i needed to complete various playmates figures...
I did also fish out of there the remaining pieces I needed for my TMNT Foot Clan's footski...so here it is (unfortunately did not have the front red missile...doubt I will ever find it, cant seem to find a clear enough picture of it online anywhere for source material...even so, here is my 99% complete Footski with Triceraton at the main controls!




I love the Mouth in the front of the vehicle and the snakes that seem to be keeping it afloat! (This vehicle was actually designed to go in the bath!) It makes no sense as to why these things would be part of the vehicle. I mean, how would they be alive?
But it doesn’t matter, kids didn’t care, they just wanted something that looked messed up and Toxic! As long as it was bright colours and fired missiles, we didn’t care!
this type of thing is just so typical of Ninja Turtles, and most playmates figures released around that time for that matter, especially TMNT and Toxic Crusaders, everything seemed to have loads of boils growing on the skin, and worms, snakes and squids wriggling though the vehicles and stuff,




It really takes me back talking about these toys, Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters were and will always be so close to my heart, no matter how sad it sounds, its true, if it wasn’t for this stuff brightening up my childhood I would not be the person I am today, and I love the person I am today, so it all seems very fitting for me to still cherish the memories I had growing up playing with these toys…
Anyway, that’s enough nostalgic talk from me, hope you are enjoying what I have been doing with this blog, not going through the best time in my life at the minuet, and as daft as it sounds, these old Sega games and action figures really brighten my days when I am not feeling my best,
I had a lot of fun growing up, and this stuff still makes me happy 21 years on, always seems like its there to provide what can be a really shit world with some harmless fun, even if it is mutant triceratops men and vintage robots…

No comments:

Post a Comment