Sunday 20 September 2009

SEGA MEGA DRIVE BLAZE...

Bought this the other day from HMV and OH my days! it was worth every penny...
I have wanted to pick up a megadrvie for ages now. but with the original console being over 2 decades old, I would be expecting one I bought from a car boot to pack in after a month or so...
i opted for the less cheap yet allot more reliable version, the Sega Mega Drive Blaze, I seriously cannot understand why every bloke hasn’t got one of these in there house...foreal its that good..



The blaze already comes with 16 games built in including some major classics such as Golden Axe, Sonic and Knuckles, Altered Beast and Shadow Dancer...sadly no streets of rage though, have to wait till I see that at car boot...(this actually really annoys me cause EVERYONE considers Streets of rage to be one of…if not THE BEST Sega Mega drive game ever, so why is it such a taboo subject to include it in this package? It was the same with the PSP UMD game they released, the Sega mega drive classics…great selection of games…yet still no streets of rage!)

The beauty with this machine is that you can actually play the old games on the new console, so just pick them up off eBay, car boots or markets and get playing! so far i have collected...



The Joy Pad is real nice too, I was a bit concerned that with it not being the exact same as the original it would make playing feel less Nostalgic, but no...its fine, and no delay on the buttons...



I have always welcomed with open arms any type of console/hack/ROM that enables you to play your favorite retro games, in my opinion, classic Side scrollers, beat em ups ect… just have an amazing charm that cannot in any way be captured in 3d rendered graphics…I am so glad there are still people around who care enough to make these consoles and give us the games we grew up with.
Anyway, here it is set up in my room, Hours of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment